Dave Pitt is a Writer and Performance Poet.
Theatre and Performance
- Co-writer / co-director and co-performer of “Poets, Prattlers and Pandemonialists” – Shows in around the UK including a run at The Edinburgh Fringe in August 2017.
- Co-MC of Poetry Slams in Wolverhampton, Shrewsbury and Audlem.
- Co-MC of Yes we Cant poetry night in Walsall.
- There is None Who Does Good (Writer) – Production by Arena Theatre (December 2017)
- Bert (Writer) – Productions by Arena Theatre (February 2016) and Holly Bush Arts Group (August 2016 & March 2017, January 2019)
- Self Contained Rhythmic Narratives (Writer and Performer) – Produced by Arena Theatre.
- Smoking Cessation Project (Writer) – An Invisible Theatre piece written and devised in conjunction with Gazebo Theatre. September / October 2015 & September / October 2016
- Curator and MC of Eclectic Poetry Pagoda – June 2017.
- Winner of Wolverhampton Story Slam – Oct 2016
- Winner of Wolf Pack award for 14/48 Wolverhampton. June 2015
- Umpumi – Shortlisted for funding award. 2010.
- Adaptation of The Illustrated Man by Ray Bradbury – Co-Director / Adaptation. 2005.
- Hundreds of gigs across the country.
- Co-Founder of the successful Anarchy Comedy Club which ran in Willenhall between 2012 and 2015.
- Poetry is Jazz. This is Punk Rock. Poetry Collection.
- Starting Out in Stand-Up or Why Stand-Up Comedy Saved my Life and Why it Could Save Yours published in 2013. Peaked at No. 3 in the Amazon charts. and is currently rated 4.6 / 5.0.
- Short Stories published in a variety of publications and websites.
- Articles published on platforms such as Giggle Beats, WV11.co.uk, Worcestershire Film Festival and by GMB Trade Union.
Mentoring and Workshops
- Workshops on the performance aspect of performance poetry.
- Improving the writing and communication skills of young people via Talent Match. A voluntary engagement programme which acts as a platform to increase optimism, motivation and confidence.
- Writer of “You Must Go On”. Neverwhere Media Productions.
- Writer / Director of “Visitor” shown at festivals across the country. Sound as a Pound Films.
- Writer / Director of drama pieces in “Battered Britain” a documentary shown on Channel 4. Evans Woolfe Productions.
Nice Things Said About Me
“Dave Pitt’s headline set was a brilliant bonus at our Fire & Dust night. He delivers his poetry with a Midlands brand of humour, poignancy and compassion that really engaged the crowd. It’s highly relevant material, which, just like life, hits all the emotional highs and lows. Now more than ever, our world needs the raw anger of poets like Dave. Importantly, we also need the laughs he brings – plus those glints of hope, romance and solidarity.”
Raef Boylan – Writer, Poet & Lead Editor of Here Comes Everyone.
“A Black Country Stormzy.”
Jimmy Andrex – Performance Poet.
“Dave Pitt took an already superb atmosphere and turned it up a notch or two with a superb set. We definitely hope to bring him back to Oooh Beehive again in the future.”
Oooh Beehive, Swindon.
“Dave Pitt writes from the heart and performs his work with energy and passion. Funny and thoughtful. Not to be missed.”
Emma Purshouse (writer and performance poet)”
“Dave is the band you hear and want to tell your mates about. The band with loud guitars, gut-thumping bass, and melodies you find yourself humming on the way home. Tunes you dance to. Tunes that remind you how good and how hard and how glorious life can be. Tunes that tell your story. Get ready to pogo.”
Steve Pottinger (writer and performance poet)
“A short story delivered with a comfortable patience that keeps us quiet and loud in all the right places. The final piece of prose brings elbows onto the table tops and some salt in our eyes.”
“Voice of Social Justice”
Review of Performance Poetry gig.